Friday, August 19, 2005

Physics and cars

To the bastard driving the brown Jeep Cherokee on I-20 west (between exits 47 & 48) on the morning of 8/19 at 7:07AM:

YOU SUCK!

  • Every body's center of mass continues in its state of rest, or of uniform motion in a right [straight] line, unless it is compelled to change that state by forces impressed upon it.
  • An object in motion, will remain in motion and an object at rest, will remain at rest, unless acted upon by an unbalanced force (in which the NET force is not 0).

'nuff said. Thank you, Sir Isaac Newton.

By the way - I think the term "unbalanced force" is actually a description of this crap-weasel Jeepster.

If I am tooling along in traffic at 60 mph, then I am capable of doing the math when changing lanes. If a car is going alot slower than I am, then I will pull in front of it and continue forward at a constant rate of speed. If a car is going the same speed (or accelerating beyond) then I will decelerate enough to move behind.

How simple can that be. It's not like making coffee! Now that's tough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home