I work with infants
Question of the day: Why is it so difficult to make a pot of coffee?
- Remove filter basket
- Dump contents into (that very large and inviting) garbage can (next to the coffee pot)
- Put new filter (from the shelf right above the coffee pot) into filter basket
- Put (prepackaged/premeasured) coffee in filter
- Replace basket
- Fill pitcher with water to specified line
- Pour contents of pitcher into coffee machine
Okay, when you put it that way, it looks like an awful lot of work I guess. Regardless, the whole process takes 45 seconds - 30 seconds if you move step #6 after #2 and letting it fill while you do #3 and #4. Oooohh, multitasking!
Just recently, the powers that be installed a coffee maker with a water feed, thereby eliminating steps #6 and #7. Just hit the "GO" button!
However, I am sure that I can go to the breakroom right now and find a quarter-inch depth of black, viscuous fluid that smells like burning vomit. (Eeewwwwwww! Sorry, folks!)
I think it's a lack of manners on the part of the bastards that will leave a minute amount of coffee baking on the burner that prevents them from making a new pot. Maybe their time is too important? Maybe they're idiots?
Maybe I take this crap too seriously. I think I need another cup of coffee!