Monday, August 29, 2005

Batten down the hatches!

They just passed the word that we were closing down at noon today, so some people are taking this storm seriously.

I haven't been able to get in touch with any of my friends in Hattiesburg, but I was keeping up-to-date by following a Hattiesburg-based blogger. She also has many links to good Katrina blogs! Unfortunately, she took a hit on her house and is now blogging via phone. Good luck all.

Before leaving the house this morning, I corraled all my ejectables into my garage, but noticed that none of my neighbors were so concerned with theirs. As I am recovering items from my living room, I hope that I can be a good neighbor and make sure they get back to the correct owners!

New Orleans is taking a beating today, but it may not be as bad as was predicted yesterday. I hope not. My heart bleeds for all the people that were incapable of evacuation. It must suck to have to beg for your life. And in the aftermath, their lives won't get any better. But maybe this catastrophe will be a turning point for New Orleans. Mayor Nagin is on top of that one. He sounds like a good man.

Right now the worst off seems to be my coast. The storm surge seems to be pretty incredible. Plus, if Jim Cantore is there, it has to be bad! Well, I need to wrap up here so I can scram to the house. I'm sure the kittens are freaking. It's going to be a long afternoon in Brandon, I'm sure.

Peace, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home