Thursday, December 22, 2005

Jesus Is Loud.

Well, the "real" penitent Santa has not made it out yet. In fact, the family could be dead in their house and no one has noticed. However, I did find secondary penitent Santa at a house on the edge of town (maybe they moved?) and I have also beheld "new" penitent Santa.

New penitent Santa is actually more like "upgraded" penitent Santa, in a way. While the almost exact facial expression remains on the kindly gentleman's visage (maybe little baby Jesus is a tad larger, too?), the words "EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW" have been added.

I live on a cul-de-sac. There are several escape routes out of my neighborhood. On one of the lesser travelled routes (the street directly behind mine, actually) I found "new/upgraded" penitent Santa this past weekend. Once I got on the "main drag" through my subdivision, I found ANOTHER "new/upgraded" penitent Santa. But actually, I think that this could be the proverbial font of penitent Santas. Either that, or the person living there has the most fucked-up sense of decoration EVER!

In the yard surrounding said Santa were wise men, angels blowing horns, elves, reindeer and some other exotic stuff I didn't have time to register. But there was also a sign that said "art for sale". I wanted to stop and ask if I could purchase a Picasso.

About 2 blocks into our subdivision, there is an ugly house on the corner that has a sign in front positioned so that you see each side depending on if you are entering or exiting the neighborhood. When I come home, I get some religious message that I can't remember because just beyond this sign is a yard filled with many lights and inflatable christmas icons. But when I leave the neighborhood, the flip-side of this sign tells me that "Jesus Is Loud". Is that because he's coming? (Insert sound of rim-shot here)

Okay, so it's a very scripty font that actually says "Jesus Is Lord". But I swear when you first see it, you will think it says "loud". If I can remember, I will try to quit taking pictures of fuckers long enough to snap some shots of penitent Santa and loud Jesus.

Who says Christmas can't be fun?

1 Comments:

At 22/12/05 10:59, Blogger Lisa said...

LMAO....What next? Penitent Grinch? This crap about trying to be politically correct and not offend anyone is driving me nuts.

But look at you!! Having someone to comment really motivates you. two posts in less than 24 hours. Me on the other hand ....I'm strictly lurking for a few days...too much pressure to perform. I swear if I were male I'd suffer from erectile dsyfunction. Oh, wait....am I allowed to say that when your in the throes of a new relationship? I don't want to put any bad thoughts into your head...*evil grin*

Merry Christmas!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home