Thursday, June 01, 2006

Screw you, Madonna!

From web reports:

Madonna snapped at an audience member at her gig in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Sunday when she spotted he wasn't dancing. The singer took her Confessions tour to the gambling capital at the weekend after three dates in Los Angeles. Midway through the concert, she singled out a man in the front row, who wasn't getting into the groove and yelled, "If you are only going to sit there, at least you can smile," reports The Scoop.

So you think something is wrong with this guy because he paid $75 (at least?) for a ticket in the front row and has the temerity to not dance while you are performing one of your lame whore-fest sets?

There was a time when I respected Madonna very much. I have never really been a fan of dance music. While I have always leaned more towards heavy guitars, or lyricists like Paul Westerburg or Chris Stamie, during Madonna's first few years I found several of her songs really good and/or inspiring. But this diva shit is ridiculous.

Back when I was performing, I just immediately assumed that it was our fault if any audience members looked bored. I would sometimes single them out not to grill them, but to try and bring them into the spirit of the evening, as it were. C’mon! Have a good time! Help me to help you!!!!

Go have some more fake crucifixions, Maddie - just so the Catholics will drum up a little more free press for you. These days, you are nothing more than a carnival freakshow anyway. I would much rather pay a dollar to see a dead two-headed baby or a fake mystic than pay a quarter to see you eat your own excrement.

Get the fuck outta my town, bitch!

1 Comments:

At 1/6/06 16:25, Blogger Lisa said...

Yeah, but how do you really feel?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home